DCO Indoctrination Course - Required Paperwork/Items to Bring
Below is the required paperwork needed for each student reporting to Officer Training Command Newport. You will receive all paperwork turned in to us at the end of the course.
Direct Commission Officer Indoctrination Course Required Paperwork
- Reserve Orders and any Modifications (Original Copy)
- Copies of prescriptions from civilian physicians if taking prescription medication. At minimum, a 2 week supply of medication should be hand carried with you. This includes inhalers and Epi-Pens.
- Naval Operational Support Center (NOSC) Name/Phone/Fax
- NKO Certificates for that fiscal year attending DCOIC
- **Special Dietary and Religious needs must be expressed on the first day of training. OTCN will do everything possible to accommodate all special and religious needs without compromising training.
- Money: Meals will be paid for by each student. Money is collected by the company mess treasurer. Meals cost is $13.85/day. You should bring enough cash to cover the two weeks of meals (approx. $130). You will have access to an ATM machine at the discretion of the Class Officer/Chief to retrieve additional funds as necessary.
Dependency Application/Record of Emergency Data Verification:
Please verify your NSIPS Dependency Data WITHIN 180 DAYS OF REPORTING on AT/ADT orders to avoid any delays in processing your pay. Members must verify all applicable dependents (including spouse) are marked "Co-located". Please work with your NOSC/Unit to correct any discrepancies.
To verify/update dependency data:
- Login into NSIPS: https://nsips.nmci.navy.mil/
- Once logged in click on "View Personal Information" in the middle of page.
- Then choose "Dependency Data" link.
- Scroll through your dependency data. If everything looks good click the blue "Yes" button (the last verification date will not update until you go out of the page and go back in).
- If you do have changes to make to your dependency data, this needs to be coordinated through your NOSC.