DCO Indoctrination Course - Required Paperwork/Items to Bring
Below is the required paperwork needed for each student reporting to Officer Training Command Newport. You will receive all paperwork turned in to us at the end of the course.
Direct Commission Officer Indoctrination Course Required Paperwork
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or Reserve Orders and any Modifications (3 original copies)
- Copies of prescriptions from civilian physicians if taking prescription medication. At Minimum, 1 weeks’ worth of medication should be hand carried with you. This includes inhalers and Epi-Pens.
- Copy of Immunizations including proof of receiving the Flu Vaccine (Sept. – Apr.)
- Naval Operational Support Center (NOSC) Name/Phone/Fax
- NKO Certificates for that fiscal year attending DCOIC
- **Special Dietary and Religious needs must be expressed on the first day of training. OTCN will do everything possible to accommodate all special and religious needs without compromising training.
- Money: Meals will be paid for by each student. Money is collected by the company mess treasurer. Meals cost approximately $12.00/day. You should bring enough cash to cover the two weeks of meals (approx. $168). You will have access to an ATM machine at the discretion of the Class Officer/Chief to retrieve additional funds as necessary.
Directions for updating dependency data:
*Login into NSIPS: https://nsips.nmci.navy.mil/
*Once logged in click on "View Personal Information" in the middle of page.
*Then choose "Dependency Data" link.
*Scroll through your dependency data. If everything looks good click the blue "Yes" button (the last verification date will not update until you go out of the page and go back in).
*If you do have changes to make to your dependency data, this needs to be coordinated through your NOSC.
Please be sure you update your NSIPS Dependency Data verification date WITHIN 180 DAYS OF REPORTING on AT/ADT orders or this will cause delays in processing your pay.
Also while verifying your Dependency Data verification date, make sure all applicable dependents (including spouse) are marked "Co-located" accordingly. Again, if you have any changes, please work with your NOSC/Unit to correct any discrepancies.
If traveling with a GOVT credit card be sure to activate it before traveling.