The uniform requirements for LDO and CWO students at OTC Newport have changed. Effective immediately, Service Dress Blue or Summer White uniform is required while at the Academy.
Summer uniform shift will take effect at time 0001 the second Monday of the month of April. Winter uniform shift will take effect at time 0001 the first Monday of the month of October. Should your class cover both periods, you must bring both winter and summer uniforms.
The following uniform Items are required for training while at LDO and CWO Academy:
- Navy Working Uniform (NWU Type I and III) – daily wear
- Summer White and/or Service Dress Blue uniform
- Service Khaki uniform with ribbons and all required components
- Combination cover
- Khaki garrison cap
- Navy black shoes; brown uniform shoes authorized
- Navy issue PT gear shorts (See Note 1)
- Navy issue yellow PT short sleeve or long sleeve shirt(s) (see Note 1)
- Navy issue PT blue sweat pants (October - May)
- Navy issue PT blue hooded sweat shirt (October - May)
- Running shoes
- Conservative swimwear ( PT shorts for males; one-piece black or blue swim suit for females)
- NWU Parka (w/Fleece Liner from October-May)
- Navy black (Eisenhower) jacket from October - May (Liner recommended)
- Navy issue watch cap and gloves (October – May)
- Civilian clothes for liberty
- Casual slacks and casual shirt with collar for class dinner, Officers’ club, etc.
- Civilian winter jacket, gloves, etc (October – May)
NOTE 1: Physical Training begins immediately upon arrival and you can expect to wear the Navy PT uniform 4-5 days a week. We highly recommend that you bring several sets of Navy PT gear.